The Southern Georgian Bay peninsula is a region in which it’s businesses and residents alike enjoy and contribute to a safe and sustainable multi-use trail system, while valuing and striving for optimal health and an active lifestyle.
To provide a world class, multi-use trail network to the Southern Georgian Bay peninsula region and to promote trail tourism, while increasing community awareness and involvement in the area of active and alternate transportation.
In a nutshell, here is what we intend to do:
• Plan, build and maintain a multi-use trail network in the Southern Georgian Bay Peninsula
• Educate residents & businesses about the benefits of trails
• Act as a liaison with local municipalities (Midland, Penetanguishene, Tay, Tiny)
• Promote active and alternate transportation, healthy lifestyles, and protection of the environment
• Contribute to the economic sustainability of the region by attracting tourism and generating new jobs
• Raise funds for trail building and maintenance